Oh the woes of a terrible haircut or color job!!!! What is one supposed to do when such things are permanent for so long?!! Walking around with a terrible haircut that doesn’t make you feel good, or worse a color job that is just wrong in all ways!! Quite honestly it is a little embarrassing :(. It is ok tho! It is not the end of the world!..Phew!! Thank Goodness, although it might feel like it is for some of you >.<
Well, the following are tips for you to avoid such embarrassment and hopefully the world doesn’t end along the way!!!!
1) Whenever you are going to make a drastic change or any changes that you personally find are major, even tho they may seem small changes to others(That includes getting bangs), please do yourself a favor and call in for a CONSULTATION. This will help you feel more confident about what you are asking for. You will feel more at ease knowing that your hairdresser is on the same page as you. You can bring in pictures and discuss any ideas or concerns, so that any issues are better addressed. This is specially helpful when you are asking for a color service, as they will have a better idea on how long the process takes, the overall price, and you can plan accordingly!!!
2) Whenever you have an important event coming up and you need a touch up on your color or you need that trim to look extra good looking, BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT IN ADVANCE! This will,again, help you feel less stressed out about the whole situation! It will be one less thing you will have to worry about and hopefully the world will not end because you could not get into the salon!!!! JK .We recommend booking your appointment ASAP once you know when your event will be.
3) If possible, book your appointments for the whole year. This may seem like a bit too much for some people, and that is OK! I know some of you don’t like the commitment!! But why you should do this is because it almost guarantees that you will be looking fabulous throughout the year! It is much easier to cancel than to take chances and get in last minute! IT IS OK! We won’t get mad, you will not hurt our feelings! Maybe just a micro amount..BUT IT IS OK!
With all that being said….When making your appointment
1) Have your calendar out, whether an actual one or on the phone, so that you can see exactly when you will have time to come in, instead of guessing. Also, so that you don’t forget your appointment!!!
2) Try and learn your hairdresser’s work days and hours, so you can plan accordingly
3) Allow room for plan B and possibly plan C; meaning-have back up days and times if the one day and time you want is not available
4) Don’t cut your own hair or try to do your own color out of desperation!!! (Unless you have done it previously and are certain about the results) It may end up costing more in the long run!